Friday, May 10, 2013

Short Book Review: The Continuous Conversion - Brad Wilcox

If anyone has ever heard Brad Wilcox speak, or have read one of his books, they have become an instant fan of his! He's absolutely amazing! I read his first book, "The Continuous Atonement" while I was serving a mission in Pittsburgh about 4 years ago. It changed my entire experience with Jesus Christ. My understanding of how the atonement works changed forever. My focus on works shifted instead to faith and grace which allowed my good works to flow naturally, rather than being the focus.

Brad Wilcox, in his new book, "The Continuous Conversion," takes his ideas from "The Continuous Atonement," and expands them to the daily application of faith and grace through the atonement of Jesus Christ. As I read his book, I quickly realized that in many instances in my life, I'm trying to "prove" myself to God and "earn" my way into heaven through my perceived righteousness and good works. Brad helped me discover that this life is not about earning anything. 

Heaven is a place for people who have learned how to be like God. That process of conversion is continuous and works through the continuous atonement via our ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ, who is "the way, the truth, and the life" (John 14: 6). As we embrace our Savior fully, and trust that "His grace is sufficient" (2 Corinthians 12:9). I now see every step forward that I take in my life as a reflection of my experience with Christ's grace through His virtuous and generous atonement. Of myself, I am nothing, through Christ, every step I take through faith and repentance is a lovely process of coming at-one with Him, which is eternal life and bliss! Life is beautiful.

To order: The Continuous Conversion - CLICK HERE

Here is Brad giving a talk on topics held within this book, it will rock your world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your feelings in an uplifting way! I hope this can be a conduit of inspiration where many can discuss their beliefs and discover even more Truths to guide daily living.